SCOOK: Sustainability in Culinary Practices: Tradition and Innovation towards a Sustainable, Digital, and Innovative Future
Number of the project: 2022-1-IE01-KA220-VET-000087719
Duration: From 01/09/2022 to 31/08/2025.
The main intention of SCOOK is to assess the level of awareness of students, staff, and stakeholders on the sustainability of the food cycle in each institution, as well as to assess the most common differences and constraints in each country.
At SCOOK, we are committed to achieve this aim towards the following objectives:
- To raise awareness of the sustainability and environmental impact of the food cycle in HORECA training institutions.
- To use the results of the Snapshot to develop digital resources to enable the participants to work on their digital readiness while addressing sustainability.
To achieve the following objectives, we will carry out the following work packages:
- Developing a SNAPSHOT to capture SUSTAINABILITY AWARENESS for (1) staff, teachers, and current learners, as well as alumni/businesses trained or working with the SCOOK institutions; (2) other educational institutes in the respective countries.
- SCOOK manual: aim at creating a manual which will provide the target groups with a complete VET about sustainability of the food cycle.
- SCOOK webinars: delivery of transnational webinars on sustainable food production, preparation, management & conservation combining contextual traditional and innovative knowledge.
- SCOOK Digital Teaching Resources: improved SUSTAINABILITY in the CULINARY VET curriculum so that learners as well as professionals – present and future – gain better AWARENESS and thus modify their behaviours.
The consortium is formed of: